Will Work for Food
I’m happy to report that the second attempt at training classes for Miss Abbie is going much better than our first.
There are several reasons for this:
- She’s a little bit older and wiser
- Her new class is at her favorite place on earth, dog day care
- She goes to day care, then has class, so she’s nicely tired and can pay attention
- There is no Horst to tell me that she needs to be yanked around by the neck
- The new trainer uses positive reinforcement methods, and Abbie really, really loves a snackie
So I’m happy to report that she is a GOOD girl who can SIT and DOWN and WAIT pretty well. Next we’ll work on those things for me.