Do you ever have brilliant thoughts in the middle of the night and think “This is so great that there’s no way I will forget it!” and then you wake up and you have forgotten it?
I hate that. It has happened to me one billion times, more or less.
My new strategy is to record voice memos on my phone, which leads me to the following conclusions:
- Stuff that seems brilliant at 3 am is often kind of stupid in the morning
- Boy, is my voice weird at 3 am
- Really, I sound like I need a decongestant
- The ideas that are truly brilliant are also the ones that would take the most work. I am an idea person, not a work person. Where are my work people at?
- The brilliant ideas that sound like fun have already been done. For instance, do you know there are several sarcastic dictionaries of corporate-speak? And a website, too. Pretty funny.
What do you think about at 3 am?